Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I start the long journey back to Durban. I'll meet Kylie at DFW and we'll fly to New York. Then off to Paris where we'll luckily have a 12 hour layover. If we arent too exhausted, we are going to try and see some of the city and hopefully still make the flight to Johannesburg. The flight from Paris to Jo'burg is a rough one. Then a few more hours in the capital before the flight to Durban. Luckily, our good friend Susan will be at the airport to pick us up and we'll stumble into bed with the imprint of the airplane pillow still fresh on our sleepy faces.

Luckily, once we arrive, things will get much easier.

(insert sarcasm here)

In the next 5 months I have to turn poorly kept data into a brilliant honor's thesis and abstract. Plus, I have to plan my 4th year of medical school, my away rotations mixed in with all those pesky upcoming weddings. Did I mention I have yet to study for and take my second board exam? Well, throw that in the mix as well, in addition to deciding what the hell I am going to do for the rest of my life (no, I have not made up my mind yet). Oh, I forgot to add that we HAVE NO CAR. Yep, we sold our old piece of crap and will be wheel-less until we buy a new one. How will we travel to even go purchase another car? Well, I am not quite sure of that one yet. So, there is a lot waiting for me back on the dark continent. Not to mention my desire to keep surfing and not drown, and that big trip to Mauritius I have always wanted to take. To put it euphamistically, its going to be a "full" next several months.

So, while Kylie and I will have a lot on our plate, it could be a lot worse. Part of me is glad to go back to it all, despite my concerns. Besides, if I stay here, I would only have mexican food to write about on this blog. So its good for you too that I am going back. See you in a few days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home