Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Old Friends

Have been spending a lot of time with my old high school friends since I have been home. I feel very lucky to have such close friends from high school that I am still in good contact with. A few of my best friends date back to kindergarten, even birth in one case. They are a fascinating group of guys, and I truly think we are at our best when we are all together.

We recently were talking about the best concerts we had been to. We all had stories, but one of my friends told us one that topped them all. He was the musician in the group, and I was curious to know what his best musical experience was. He told us about a time that he opened for Buddy Guy at Caravan of Dreams in Fort Worth. He played drums with another friend, just the two of them playing the blues. Just two guys on stage: an acoustic guitar, a mic, and a basic drum set up. They played in front of a sold out crowd. Then they met Buddy Guy just before he went on stage to play an amazing concert. It was such a cool story that I felt the need to share it with whoever happen to be reading.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is having as much fun sharing Christmas with family and old friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home