Thursday, September 22, 2005

To camp or not to camp

So Kylie and I have been planning a camping trip in the Drakensberg Mountains, near Monk's Cowl. I lugged my trusty camping tent all the way from the states, and we've rounded up a stove, some sleeping bags, and all the other necessities needed to car camp. We would leave Friday afternoon and return Sunday afternoon.

All the while, a category 5 hurricane would ravage the Texas coastline. It just doesnt seem right. I had written before about feeling disconnected when major events like this occur. This one is happening to my home away from home and I would be even more isolated than if I were in Durban near a computer. As wierd as it sounds, we are thinking of staying in Durban and trying to get a hold of CNN or at least a fast computer to stay up to date on whats happening in Texas. Not sure what we'll decide, but I imagine it will be a snap decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home