Monday, September 12, 2005

Poor Rick's


I had to post this picture of a damaged Rick's Cabararet, if nothing else for my pledge class and fraternity brothers that will likely shed a tear at the site of it. My fraternity has held a formal in New Orleans every spring for years. I myself took a bus, drove, or flew their several times during my time at Vanderbilt. Kind of one of those dumb things you did in college that you arent exactly proud of now, but are glad they happened. I have a lot of good memories of that city, and its sad to see it in such ruin today.

I found this image on an amazing site with about 197 photos of Hurricane Katrina taken by a local hotel employee. Check it out if the site is still up and running (no promises). He stayed behind in the French Quarter and took pictures everyday. He barely escaped when the flood waters started to rise on day 4 or 5. Really gave me a much clearer image of what happened and when. Something I think I missed by following the story from a time zone 8 hours ahead of central time.

The Reed dance was a great weekend. An enormous Zulu cultural event. Was really fun and interesting. Will post pictures soon.

2 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Craiger said...

Ahhh, Rick's. Perhaps the best thing about that place was the $7 lunch buffett Mon - Fri. Since Tulane Med is only about 10 blocks away, we spent many a post-exam, and some other lunches there. Nothing like a little red beans and rice with the ambiance, huh?

Craiger

 
At 9/14/2005 09:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have guessed after eating red beans and rice that you would have needed every drop of blood going just to the guts. "Rest and Digest," ya know. I guess the buffet at Rick's has a different slogan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home