Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom!!



Today is my mom's birthday. I wont say how old she will be today, as she probably would rather not be reminded that she is even having a birthday. But I will relate that she is still in excellent shape, still reads a big novel about every week, and still works full time in an area of government that has always been important to her. More importantly, she is still just cool and down to earth and an overall good person. She also raised me and my brother, and still puts up with my dad, none of which is an easy thing to do.

To honor her on her big day, I convinced these Zulu maidens to get together for picture. I told them it was for my mom, and they thought that was so sweet and nice. They wished her well, and sung an ancient Zulu hymn to honor her. Actually I am lying again. I told them I was a producer in the states and that I was casting the remake of the 1980's TV miniseries Shaka Zulu. I told them if they were lucky, this picture would land them the part of Zulu Maiden #184.
Ok, that was also a lie. The real truth is that they had no idea what I was saying. I just grouped them together and handed them the sign. I tried to explain what it meant, but they really didnt understand. They just stared at me with a confused look in their eyes. A group of English guys saw me and pointed and laughed. So, at worst, this picture cost some young Zulu girls a little confusion and I got made fun of by some Brits. Thus, it was well worth it.


Happy Birthday Mom!!

1 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 09:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I sat here doing question after question in preparation for good ol’ Step 2 this Friday… I decided I needed a coffee break and thought I’d see what you’ve been up to. I think I just woke the neighbors up in the apartment next door laughing at your “Happy Birthday Mom” picture. That’s just what I needed…. You’ve got a great blog. Wish I had enough courage to do what you’re doing. Later man, Richard C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home