Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita, ACL, Lone Star

After much thought, Kylie and I decided to head to the Drakensberg Mountains to camp. We stayed up getting the tent together, preparing good camping food, and packing up some warm clothes. The weather is supposed to be nice and warm there this weekend, so we thought we'd take advantage of a nice weekend. We'll be at Monk's Cowl. We'll be busy cooking, hiking, and playing glow in the dark frisbee.

As for Texas, Galveston, UTMB, Houston, friends, family and anyone else that will be effected by Rita, our thoughts will be with you. Again, I feel like I am missing one of the major events in US and Texas history, but we wouldnt have much access to coverage here anyway, and I really dont feel like staring at the internet reading weather reports all weekend. I hope everyone stays safe and comfortable as Rita passes over the Texas gulf coast.

Apparently Austin City Limits will still go on as the weather is not supposed to be too bad in central Texas. Another event I wish I could be in Texas for. Only contributes to my Texas nostalgia and longing for a cold Lone Star in a hot Zilker park, standing with my friends, watching Jack Johnson, Wilco, or Widespread Panic. But, I have alot to do and be excited about here, and I'll continue to write and share it all with you back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home