Monday, August 29, 2005

Underwater Residency

I found this guy's weblog who is ferociously covering Katrina. He gets updates from people on cell phones that have decided to wait out the storm. Likely more up to date reports than many of the news broadcasters. Especially as he seems to post about every 10 minutes.

Then I discovered the plight of a Tulane first year resident working at Charity Hospital in New Orleans while Katrina ravages his city. He seems to think its an awful thing to happen to a guy. Personally, I think I would see it as about the only good reason to remain in New Orleans and watch the storm.

Regardless, keep all those along the coast of Lousiana and Mississippi in mind. There are still thounsands who stayed behind. I've read that several thousand alone are camped out in the Superdome. Wouldnt be my first choice, but probably better than the French Quarter.

3 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 12:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It amazes me that people are adding to your blog for the sole purpose of trying to generate more business for themselves. Cully, you're doing an amazing thing in Africa, and we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. As for the advertisers, go waste somebody else's time. Grant

 
At 8/30/2005 04:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cully, thanks for sharing so much with us! I love the pictures and descriptions - it gives me something to think about rather than studying for Step 2. I hope you and your girlfriend have an amazing time there and stay safe! Please cont to post!

 
At 8/30/2005 07:09:00 AM, Blogger Cully said...

Might need to change the settings again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home