Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lots of working, lots of surfing, less sleeping

These two things have taken up most of my time the past 2 weeks. Have been working hard to get a lot of things in order for this research project before I go home. Lots and lots of frustrations, difficulties, and periods where I sit and the computer and try to think of what to do next. The good news is that I officially sent in my Honors Thesis proposal today (am going to use my research project here for a thesis) and am learning a lot about how data can be managed, sorted, and analyzed. Also just learning about how much work and effort goes into even a simple chart review. So I'm making progress, though most of the time it doesnt really feel like it.

But we've also found time to surf a lot lately. The waves have been small, but fun. Plus, there have been some beautiful mornings with calm water and sunny skies. This should all change tomorrow morning as monster swell is expcted to build over night from a powerful storm off the coast. May opt for the smaller breaks tomorrow as 10 foot waves may once again be possible in my usual surf spot. Will definately take the camera and grab some pictures if anything interesting happens.

And all this adds up to a very, very tired Cully. Its 10 pm and I can barely keep my eyes open. Time for bed!

2 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 05:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cully,

I love it when you refer to youself in the 3rd person.

Blake

Ps - the word verification thing on this blog is very hard. I almost never get it right the first time. Maybe my eyers are getting worse, or perhaps I am just not that intelligent......

 
At 12/09/2005 05:13:00 PM, Blogger Cully said...

Yeah, its hard. But think of it like a mental challenge. Cully loves mental challenges.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home