Monday, October 24, 2005

Mali

Today I must refer you to my friend Craig Connard's weblog. He is one of the other Fogarty fellows in Mali. He just put up some really interesting posts about Ramadan (which unbenkownst to most of America is going on right now) and about one of his patients with cerebral malaria. Yes, he is goofy, and yes he often refers to himself in the 3rd person, but he wrote some really amazing stuff. I tried to only skim it last night, but ended up reading about every new word he had posted. I felt I could relate in some ways, but in others I could only imagine what these experiences must have been like. Sad, fasinating, and often funny stuff.

PS - did you know that Mali is one of the poorest countries in the world and is almost twice the size of Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home