Saturday, April 29, 2006

Tsotsi

We finally went to see Tsotsi, a recently released South African film. The movie recently won an Acadamy Award for best foreign language film. Despite that accomplishment, I was still half expecting to see a movie that was good, but not great. I was suprised and can say that Tsotsi is one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. It combines those key elements of poignancy and entertainment. It really makes you think and consider new points of view, but also keeps you entertained throughout. It would be great for anyone to see, whether they have been to South Africa or not.

1 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 03:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! I went to see Tsotsi thinking that at least it would be something different, but ended up recommending it to everyone I know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home