Thursday, November 10, 2005

Idea Post

I had a good idea come to me today. I decided I am going to pick 3-4 patients at our clinic on ARV's and have brief interviews with them (with their permission, of course). Ask about their lives, their illness, their income, etc. I have been doing this anyway for months now, as a part of working at CAPRISA as a study (junior) clinician. But havent been documenting it at all. Would like to find some that have been on ARV's for a while, and others that are just starting.

I will probably post a lot of this information here (with names changed) and will likely use it in powerpoints when I have to go back and justify what I was spending all this time in Africa for. I hate coming here and only donig a research project. Feels so selfish at times. I think this is a way to combine history taking with pseudo-journalism to help Americans understand what its like to be HIV positive, poor, and South African.

I think if I post my ideas, I will be more likely to follow through with them. But dont want to get too ambitious, I still have to try and dupe some Nigerian email scammers.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 09:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sweet boy,

just by reading your posts I can tell that you are anything but selfish. And your freaking HOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home